Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reality Bites

Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you all ate and drank way more than you should've and bonus points if you had the opportunity to enjoy some flowers (whether you received them as a gift from yourself or someone else) on the day of love :)

I have something weighing on my mind in consideration of this blog. Up until now I have tried to be overwhelmingly positive in my blog posts given the nature of my New Year's resolution. In fact I have sometimes neglected writing new posts in light of the fact that what I had to say didn't fit that description. I would love to tell you all that everything in every area of my life is going swimmingly and that I never have anything but a positive outlook. However, let's be honest with ourselves: that is not real life. While I do believe it is important to maintain a positive attitude, I don't believe that it would break my New Year's resolution to share the challenges and frustrations that I encounter along the way, do you? So with that out of the way let's get real.

I spent my Valentine's Day working at both Ann Taylor (day) and Outback Steakhouse (night). Suffice to say it was a long day but I can honestly say that I did not mind working this day. Valentine's Day has always been a day laden with guilt and pressure in my mind so having plans to work let me avoid that altogether. After a very busy shift at Outback, I then joined some of my co-worker's at a favorite local bar for some late-night drinks and socializing. It was so much fun that I didn't end up stumbling home until 2am and I went to bed a little buzzed with money in my pocket. By all counts, a good Valentine's Day this year.

Hope everyone had a great V-Day!

1 comment:

  1. Still sounds pretty positive to me. :) A hard day's work with pride from earning a living, followed by a well-deserved hard night's play!!

    ReplyDelete