Friday, January 21, 2011

TGIF

Happy Friday!!

All of the interviews of the following week coupled with several late night training shifts at the Outback have got this girl exhausted! I'm normally such an early riser that I have to make a conscious effort to sleep in past 8am. However, today I leisurely rolled out of bed at 10:30 and enjoyed two delicious cups of hazelnut coffee and my favorite wheat toast while I caught up on current events.

At 12:30 I trekked down to NYC's infamous Chinatown neighborhood to meet 2 new friends for lunch at Nha Trang, a very delicious and authentic Vietnamese restaurant for a hot bowl of Pho. Having met these 2 awesome NYU MBA grads at a party the following week, we had agreed to meet up for a weekly socializing/strategizing session per week to aid us all in our job searches. We exchanged interview stories and job leads which was certainly helpful but beyond it all, I think I enjoyed their company just as much. Having the support and friendship of others in the same situation is so fantastically comforting.

As a side note, congratulations to my friend Rhonda in Florida! Today she was able to quit a job she hates and accept an offer for another position she is sure will be a better fit. All across the country, things are on the upswing :)

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to meet some new people you have so much in common with! Glad to see you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete